Resource Links

Get registered with FEMA Online
Call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-FEMA

FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers

  • FEMA Disaster Recovery Center – 1982 E. 20th St, Chico (Old Sears building @ the mall)
  • FEMA Disaster Recovery Center – 2140 Feather River Blvd, Oroville, CA 95965.
    Hours: 9a-7p, seven days a week

Fire Public Information Line – 530-538-7826

CAL FIRE/Butte County Incident Updates

Find a Home Here –
There are over 460 housing availabilities right now from Southern Oregon to Southern California. You can search by city, but we will also be adding the ability to search by County to help condense the number of listings for you. – Community Disaster communications, relief, recovery & resiliency 2018
We facilitate community preparedness & recovery. Residents can request help or sign up to donate goods or services and volunteer.

Butte County Office of Education
Butte County Office of Education has a Good resource list available and maintained by Butte County Office of Education.

The Butte County Sheriff’s Office (BCSO) has released information regarding how evacuees can arrange to be escorted into areas that have been evacuated to check on their properties.
Law enforcement personnel will only be providing escorts for a limited number of circumstances listed below.
Recovery of a vehicle needed for work or habitation (RV’s etc.)
Recovery of a small amount of material needed for work such as records or computers
Recovery of animals left behind
Recovery of necessary medications or medical devices
Property evaluation by insurance adjusters
Prior to submitting a request for an escort, residents are being asked to use the BCSO drone map to make sure the structures or vehicles remain intact.
Time on site will be limited to 15 minutes, remaining on scene after being asked to leave can result in being arrested.
No minors will be allowed in the evacuation zones.
A call center has been established to direct escort requests to.
The phone number is 530-897-8873 and phone lines are staffed daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.Requests can also be made online at
Before calling the hotline residents are asked to please have their address, city, evacuation zone, purpose of escort and contact information readily available.

Butte County District Attorney’s Fraud Tip Hotline at 1-866-323-7283
Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey is putting out another warning about price gouging during the Camp Fire Emergency.
He says that Penal Code section 396 prevents people from increasing the cost of goods, services or rents by more than ten percent from the prices before the fire.
This includes emergency cleanup, emergency supplies, medical supplies, building materials, housing, transportation, freight and storage services.  Also, gasoline or motor fuels.
If you know of a violation you are encouraged to call the District Attorney’s Fraud Tip Hotline at 1-866-323-7283.

Camp Fire Evacuation and Property Status Maps
The County of Butte, Town of Paradise and CAL FIRE  have teamed up to develop a variety of maps to provide evacuation area information and  assist property owners in determining the status of their property. Please note that the maps are best viewed in Google Chrome.

Camp Fire Structure Status Map
Field damage inspection is still ongoing and subject to change. The points shown in this map are being updated regularly. Data is subject to change as information is gathered and verified. The icons on the map indicate the current known status of the structure. If your structure is not identified by an icon, it has not yet been identified.
Go to

Disaster Unemployment Assistance benefits available for those affected by fires.
EDD’s Disaster-Related Services webpage.
The fastest and easiest way for new claimants to apply for DUA is to use EDD’s UIOnline application, which is available in both English and Spanish.

Butte County Fire Assistance Center
Residents who suffered damage to homes, accessory structures, or property may come to the Fire Assistance center to meet one-on-one with County staff and ask questions about the process for rebuilding.
Call 530.552.3700 to set up an appointment.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 12-3 pm
Fire Assistance Center Location
Butte County Development Services
7 County Center Dr.
Oroville CA, 95965

Butte County Fire Assistance Center

Removing Fire Debris from the Property
Hazardous Waste Identification and Removal
Ash, charred debris, and other contaminated materials from burned structures may be hazardous waste. Due to these hazards, the Public Health Department recommends that site cleanup be conducted by appropriately licensed professional contractors. The California Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC) will identify and remove hazardous materials from residential properties damaged or destroyed by the Fire at no cost.

Residents who want to access the free services will need to complete a Right-of-Entry form to allow the work to take place on their property. Download the form, complete it, and return it to the Fire Assistance Center to participate in the program.

Fire Debris Removal
Butte County established a Debris Management Plan to help property owners properly handle and dispose of fire debris. This Plan includes two options, 1. participate in the County’s bin program, or, 2. haul fire debris yourself (fee waiver may apply for disposal). Both options require the affected property to be screened and evaluated for the presence of hazardous materials.

Short-term camping (14 days in a 30-day period) is allowed with a recreational vehicle, travel trailer, or tent (a maximum of 2 vehicle or tents). No permits are required. All sewage must be self-contained and removed from the property to an approved dump station after 14 days.
Long-term camping (maximum of 6 months in a 1-year period) is allowed only within a recreational vehicle or travel trailer (current DMV registration required). The recreational vehicle or travel trailer must be connected to a permitted septic system, and must have a permitted potable water source on the property. A safe and reliable power supply is required in the form of a PG&E connection, solar power, generator and/or allowed with certain requirements. View full list of long-term camping requirements. Call 530.538.7601 with questions.

Well Disinfection and Sampling
Owners of individual wells need to be aware of precautionary measures and how to disinfect and have their well water tested by a certified laboratory after their water system loses pressure. Download Well Disinfection and Sampling Information.

If you need: Help completing an application,  ASL interpretation, Language translation, Materials in large print or braille, Hearing assistance. Call: 916-361-0380

Inspection Placards for Structures in Disaster Areas
Building Inspectors continue to inspect structures that are in evacuation zones. Upon returning to
your property you may see one of three different types of placards posted by the Butte County
Building Department – a Green Placard, a Yellow Placard or a Red Placard. Be sure to read all notes
on the placard. Do not remove, alter or cover placards until Authorized by the Butte County
Building Division. (Butte County Ordinance #4026 Section 6 section 26-3)
Green: The Green Placard means the structure is “Safe for Occupancy.” Your structure is safe to occupy as long as it has water, electrical and gas service (if gas appliances). Structures may be damaged, yet the safety of the structure was not significantly changed by the disaster.
Yellow: The Yellow Placard means the structure has been damaged and occupancy is restricted as noted on the placard as long as you have water, electricity and gas (if gas appliances). Repairs require permits from the County.
Red: The Red Placard means “No Entry.” Structures are damaged and pose an imminent threat to life or safety under expected loads or other unsafe conditions. Do not enter these structures.
Please Note: Although a structure may be placarded “Inspected” or “Restricted Use”, specific areas in and around the building could be further identified as unsafe.

If you believe your home or business has been damage and has no placard posted, please contact
the Building Division at 530.552.3700 or

Find a Licensed Contractor for Debris Removal or Temporary Electric Pole
To get a list of licensed contractors in any area of California, simply enter either a city or zip code and pick the license classification you want.
You’ll get a randomly generated list of all eligible contractors in that license classification whose CSLB license of record is in the area you entered.

FEMA Trailers
The process to receive a manufactured home can seem uncertain and overwhelming.
The following information is intended to help people develop a better understanding of the system.

Travel trailers and manufactured housing are considered an alternate housing option when adequate resources are not available. It is always FEMA’s priority to find alternate housing within the community first whether an apartment, house or condominium.

Travel trailers are available in two ways to those who meet the program criteria:

  1. Residents may be placed in a travel trailer on what is called an emergency group site. This is property leased by FEMA.
  2. For those with private property that meets certain requirements, a travel trailer or mobile home may be placed on the property.

The process for being placed in one of the emergency group sites:

  • Call FEMA’s toll-free disaster assistance helpline at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362), or TTY 1-800-462-7585 for people who are speech- or hearing-impaired and make your housing needs known. Evacuees who need an American with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant travel trailer can be accommodated and should be specific about their requirements. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week until further notice.
  • A FEMA representative will call the applicant to arrange to fill out the appropriate paperwork and schedule the occupancy date.

The process for having a travel trailer or mobile home placed in private property:

  • Call FEMA’s toll-free disaster assistance Helpline at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362), or TTY 1-800-462-7585 for people who are speech- or hearing-impaired and make your housing needs known. Evacuees who need an American with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant travel trailer can be accommodated and should be specific about their requirements. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week until further notice.
  • Utilities must be available at the site. See PG&E’s Customer Connections below.
  • A site inspector must look at the property to make sure it is appropriate for a travel trailer or mobile home.
  • After the site is approved and permits are obtained, the travel trailer or mobile home will be delivered by a FEMA contractor. See Butte County Fire Assistance Center
  • Once a travel trailer or mobile home is delivered, a FEMA contractor will set up the unit and schedule a time for the utility hook-up.
  • When a contractor has completed the process of readying the travel trailer or mobile home for the applicant, a FEMA representative will complete the appropriate paperwork and schedule the occupancy date.

The process of applying for and occupying a travel trailer can be time consuming due to many variables.
By following the outlined steps above, affected residents can better understand what must be accomplished before a travel trailer is ready for occupancy.

PG&E’s Customer Connections
For eligible customers impacted by a major natural disaster, PG&E will connect and disconnect temporary electric service at no cost until a permanent electric meter is installed.
PG&E’s Customer Connections allows you to submit, track and manage your applications for:

Complete your application in Customer Connections Online
Go to

The North Valley Community Foundation – Request Grant Funding
If your organization is hosting an evacuation center or serving evacuees in other ways, click here for immediate assistance from the Camp Fire Relief Fund.